Today’s post is all about soulmates and “The One.” According to a new study, it takes around six months, or 172 days, for a person to decide if the person they are dating is marriage material. I don’t know if I fully agree with that statement, but you definitely need to be on the same page about things like life, money, kids, and career. Whenever you ask a couple that’s been married or dating for a long time to tell the story of how they met, they can always pinpoint the moment in which they knew they found “the one.” I love hearing these stories and I am a hopeless romantic always, no matter how many bad days or broken relationships, I always believe in love.
Now I’m not a relationship expert, but the signs I’m about to share are wonderful and if you experience these in a relationship you are LUCKY. I have too many friends in toxic, soul sucking relationships, and have experienced them myself. I don’t wish that on anyone.
Here are a few signs that you may have found “The One!”
– You feel his solid commitment to you and your relationship. You don’t feel insecure or feel like he’s using you for anything. You don’t feel like there is any chance of infidelity.
– You both share the same life visions, interests, and values. You like to do things together like go to the gym, hike, or movies, whatever it is. You can confidently make plans and there is no, “I don’t want to do that.”
– You are a priority in his life. You don’t feel left out when he’s traveling, and he does ’t go all day without talking to you (listen, this is not normal, it takes 2 seconds to text and check in!).
– You are in sync regarding marriage and children. You should have this conversation up front.
– You are sexually compatible and have a lot of sex. This matters.
– He puts equal effort into the relationship and helps with everything like a partner or teammate should. Cooking, store runs, cleaning, bills, etc. OR he pays the cleaning lady, that helps a lot, LOL.
– The love and adoration is mutual and reciprocal. You are recognized as his significant other on social media. This is a big one, even if you don’t want to take relationships super public, they can still post to close friends, and they definitely need to take you places with each of your friend groups. Every relationship deserves privacy, but close friends need to be in know.
– Things just feel right, and as Vicki Gunvalson says, “your love tank is full.” If you know it, you know it.
So, when did you know you found “The One?” Have you found “The One” yet? Are you manifesting it? Manifesting works, I cannot tell you enough. Share your stories with me @AskHeatherMariannaBlog on Instagram!