Today on the blog I wanted to share a little recipe for something I make often that is both super healthy and yummy. I love shrimp, and these crustaceans pack a protein punch for very few calories. 1 ounce (4 large shrimp) has only 30 calories, 6 grams of protein, and minimal fat. Shrimp is also a good source of Vitamin D, Selenium, and even several energy-boosting B-Vitamins. If you are allergic to shellfish, I’m so sorry because this recipe is easy to make, delish, and low-cal!
All you need to make this recipe is:
– Fresh raw shrimp (I either buy the frozen bags to meal prep or get the large uncooked shrimp from the butcher area.)
– 5 lemons, juiced
– Feast Mode Caribbean Mango Habanero Seasoning, to taste (If you are local they sell this line at HOTWORK in Henderson)
– Olive Oil
– Start by juicing all lemons into the pan
– Add the shrimp and cover with the Feast Mode Seasoning
– Add a dash of olive oil and cook until the shrimp is pink. Super easy!
If you’re on a 2022 fitness kick like I am, then definitely add shrimp to your diet! They have great health benefits due to their high content of omega-3s, vitamins, and minerals. They are also high in protein so they’re incredibly filling, despite being low in calories. For this reason, they are among the most weight loss friendly foods you can eat. Enjoy!