We all love a good body wrap. Today’s post is all about one of my tried-and-true wrap recipes I love using. I used to demonstrate a ton of these on my YouTube channel back in the day, but life got busy. With that said, here’s a quick and easy recipe for creating your “at-home spa experience.”
Professional and commercial body wraps usually include either seaweed or clay. This is what salons/spas will usually suggest, for good reason, because they are the most effective ingredients. Seaweed and clay are very powerful and effective multipurpose ingredients to have in your beauty routine! I know I love them! They work both in-home or at the spa. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
• 1 cup Seaweed Powder
• 3 tbsp. of Almond Oil or Olive Oil (use your favorite oil here)
• 2 cups of warm water (you can also substitute 2 cups of brewed coffee)
• Optional: 2 drops of anti-cellulite oils (Rosemary, Juniper, and Fennel Essential Oils work well)
1. Mix everything together until you reach your desired mud-like consistency.
2. Mix in your essential oils if desired
3. Stand in the shower or over a towel to help minimize your application mess.
4. Apply mixture to your entire body, from the waist down.
5. Once applied, you can wrap areas of your skin with plastic wrap then follow up with bandages. Not too tight!
6. Once you’re wrapped, put a heat blanket over you and let yourself relax and sweat for about an hour.
7. When you’re done, take a warm shower (not too hot) to rinse off any leftover seaweed mixture.
When it comes to wrapping, some people prefer to skip the plastic wrap and to only use bandages soaked in warm water to keep the recipe hydrated longer. It’s also a good method, but I prefer to use plastic before my bandages because it tends to increase heat.
This recipe is specifically targeted toward cellulite, which typically forms on our legs, butts, and hips. Having someone help you wrap is best, especially for those hard-to-reach areas. Make sure you cover every inch of your skin that you want treated – especially because anything you miss will only show more.
And that’s it — Happy wrapping! Enjoy a snatched waistline in 2022, and tag me on Insta at @AskHeatherMariannaBlog in your wrap photos!!!