Tis the season for smores and yummy drinks as the cold weather hits. Here are two of my GO-TO items that I love making in the wintertime. You can enjoy these with friends or just alone outside soaking in the crisp, winter air.
#1 Toasted Smore’s Marshmallow Martini
The first thing I love to make this time of year is the Toasted Smore’s Marshmallow Martini I originally found from The Cookie Rookie blog.
Pro tip: Pour each part VERY SLOWLY over an upside-down spoon into the Martini glass (The slower the better to make the layering).
– 1 oz. dark chocolate or milk chocolate Godiva liqueur
– ½ oz. fluffed marshmallow vodka
– ½ oz. heavy cream
– Hershey’s chocolate syrup
– Crushed graham cracker
– Marshmallows as garnish
– Small bamboo sticks
– Dip the rim of your glass in the Hershey’s syrup (I actually brushed on some chocolate fudge frosting) and then dip into the crushed graham cracker. It’s easiest to prepare separate plates with these and dip your glass upside down into the rim ingredients.
– Pour the chocolate liqueur as slowly as possible over an upside-down spoon into your glass.
– Mix together the heavy cream and marshmallow vodka in a separate container then pour the vodka mixture as slowly as possible over an upside-down spoon to make the layered look.
– Place the marshmallow on a bamboo stick as a skewer (or use a bunch of mini marshmallows).
– Brown the marshmallow slightly over an open flame (or under a broiler).
– Lay the bamboo stick on the drink and light the marshmallow for effect before drinking.
– Stir together the drink and enjoy!
** To make this drink as a shot, half the recipe and use mini marshmallows!
#2 Tabletop S’mores
The second thing that I love to do in the wintertime is make tabletop s’mores. They are very easy and I ordered everything online so I can make them whenever the craving strikes. Here are the links, including some great eco-friendly wooden smores plates I use!
• Smores 112pc Kit
• Smores Compostable Wooden Plates
• Indoor Tabletop Concrete Fire Pit
How To Make Perfect S’mores (for those that don’t already know)
-Break your graham cracker into two square halves and lay those halves on a plate.
-Top one side with a square of chocolate (For a Hershey’s bar this would be 2 rectangles).
-Then take your marshmallow, place it on a skewer, heat it over the fire until golden brown or slightly crispy, and place your marshmallow on top of the chocolate, top with the second graham cracker, and slide your skewer out while pressing the top cookie down slightly.
-Enjoy while warm and melted!
I hope you enjoy these little treats this winter, and all the nostalgia making smores brings along. Tag me in any posts if you decide to whip up these wintery treats at @AskHeatherMariannaBlog on Instagram. Enjoy!!!