If you are reading this from somewhere on the west coast, then you know we’re experiencing a heat wave and water just isn’t cutting it for me! I constantly feel tired and need a healthy boost more than ever with this weather! As you’ve probably heard me share, my home is virtually plastic free, so freezing my water bottles isn’t really an option. I have found the perfect smoothie to beat the heat however. I’ve been making this smoothie constantly using my big yeti cup and loving it!
With that said, I figured I shouldn’t keep something this good to myself! It’s time for me to share this recipe, and no, it doesn’t taste like guacamole AT ALL! Try it and tag the blog on Instagram, I love to repost!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious, creamy, green smoothie:
· 1/2 cup cubed frozen pineapple – For a sweet, tropical flair.
· 2 cups packed fresh spinach, or 1 cup frozen spinach – I always love giving my smoothies extra green power! Trust me, you won’t be able to taste it.
· 1 ripe avocado – It gives this smoothie an amazing velvety texture and packs it with healthy fats.
· 1 frozen banana – It adds sweetness and makes this smoothie even creamier.
· 3/4 cup light coconut milk, canned or from a carton – It gets the blender moving, adds delicious coconut flavor, and makes this smoothie totally dairy-free!
· 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon zest – They make this smoothie super bright, fresh, and tangy.
· 1 teaspoon maple syrup – I add just a dash for extra sweetness.
· pinch of sea salt
· 8 ice cubes
· ¼ cup aloe juice
· 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (I use vanilla)
· 1 scoop collagen powder
1. Combine the pineapple, spinach, avocado, banana, coconut milk, lime juice, maple syrup, salt, ice, and protein powder, if using, in a blender. Blend until creamy.
2. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add more maple syrup. If the consistency is too thick, add more coconut milk, and blend again.